Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tawasul!

June 12, 2010

Today was my first day at the small NGO, Tawasul, where I will be spending the next 6 weeks. I am very excited because the people I work with have been extremely kind and hospitable. In the office I will be focusing on grant writing which is something that I have never done before so this will be good to get some experience. The director, Fathi, has stated that he would like me to go with him whenever there are meetings outside the office to get more exposure to the assortment of things that the organization does.

The other two employees of Tawasul(Tarek and Rebecca) are my age and volunteered to take us ladies around town. We went to Yasser Arafat's grave, the rich neighborhoods of Ramallah (I didn't even know they existed), and drove past the quality restaurants/shopping places. Tarek and Rebecca then took us to a nice spot to chat and watch the World Cup.

I am so excited to have this opportunity to be in Ramallah. I can't wait to see what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment