Monday, July 5, 2010

Haifa





Last week, one of my co-workers invited myself and the other two interns to go to a lecture at Haifa University. The topic had something to do with Palestinian history. Needless to say, we didn´t actually attend the lecture because it was all in Hebrew and the three of us don´t speak Hebrew and our co-worker didn´t feel like translating or sitting through a lecture in Hebrew. The crowd there was older anyways and not students like we thought it would be. We got to walk about the university grounds with Samah, who graduated from there. The views were amazing! The Mediterranean was gorgeous and all I wanted to do was run down to the beach. My roommate and I were talking about how tempted we were to pick up and study at Haifa University just for the views. The campus itself was really nice and not very expensive. Oh to be an undergrad again and be able to study abroad for a whole semester or the school year! We decided to go have dinner at a restaurant near Ben Gurion Street that my co-worker knew. Before we sat down for dinner we took pictures of the Bahai garden which was beautiful! I want to go back so I can take a tour of the garden. The restaurant was a really cool place with very lounge-like outdoor seating. Two of my host sisters that go to school in Haifa came to dinner with us which was great because I hadn´t seen them much the previous weekend. Haifa is so pretty and I can´t wait to go back to stay with my host sisters to see the whole city.

No comments:

Post a Comment